Monday 2 January 2012

Please support Zerodb.org – Against Music Torture

As a musician, I find the fact that such a thing as “music torture” exists very upsetting. Since I began to write music, I found it so much easier to express myself and ultimately make the most of my life as well as use it as a way to cope with any difficulties I may be having. I am sure I am not the only one who uses music in this way and so I’m certain you can understand why I’m so appalled by what I’ve discovered.
You may be aware, that one of my biggest musical influences and inspirations comes from the music of Nine Inch Nails as well as the band themselves. It was on their website, www.nin.com that I first discovered “music torture” is happening (with the music of NIN as well as other artists) by reading an article Trent posted a link to that I urge you to read also:
Once you’ve done that, please head over to the site of the organisation campaigning against this, www.zerodb.org and be sure to explore and sign the petition they have. It’s bad enough there are people that are subjected to torture in the first place, but this is made worse by the fact that the music being used was never created for this purpose. To many, if not all musicians, their music is their livelihood to which, so much of their time, money and effort is spent in the hope of creating something good. Music is art and art is a form of entertainment, it’s something we should appreciate and enjoy for what it is. I simply cannot believe there are people in the world who would abuse this, particularly with the work of artists who as I said, never intended it to be used for torture.
Please tell your friends and family about this and Zero dB Organisation and help to stop music torture forever. Once again, the link you need is:
Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog